Taylor Fordyce background image

Commercial Law Solicitors

Whether you are an entrepreneur creating a start-up business or a well-established entity, Taylor Fordyce can offer you practical and commercial advice.

Our expertise includes advising on all aspects of commercial law, including business structures, customer and supplier contracts, shareholder/partnership agreements, distribution agreements, share (and asset) purchase agreements, exclusivity agreements, and employment-related aspects including TUPE. 

We work for a very wide range of businesses from niche businesses in the fund industry to large-scale contractors, and we also provide support services to established household entities. 

We take the time to get to know our clients, and how they do business.  This way we can properly advise them, enabling us to get to the crux of how our clients’ businesses operate.

We can give advice on all aspects of commercial relationships with customers and suppliers. If there is any element of your business dealings which requires legal input from a practical point of view, we are here to help.   We deliver a quality, personal, service, that is cost effective and we believe in providing commercially balanced and down-to-earth advice to our clients.

It may feel as though you don’t need legal agreements if everything is going smoothly, however, if things go wrong, you’ll be glad you came to us.  Our aim is to protect you from any problems before they arise and the amount of time and money this will save you in the long-run is priceless.  If you are already in difficulties, we can step in and advise you on the next steps you need to take.

To discuss your legal needs, please contact our corporate law solicitors in WinchesterSunningdale, or Alresford. Alternatively, fill in our online enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.

Our corporate law expertise

Our corporate lawyers can offer the benefits of our long experience and deep legal knowledge across a wide range of corporate law matters, including:

  • Business Purchase & Sales
  • Private Limited Companies
  • Partnerships
  • Sole traders
  • TUPE Law
  • Distribution & Agency Agreements
  • Shareholder Agreements
  • Restructuring and Insolvency
  • Franchise Agreements
  • Shareholder Options
  • Corporate Policies & Procedures
  • Other Commercial Agreements

For further information about our expertise in other areas of commercial law, please follow the links on the right-hand side.

Corporate law FAQs

Is a memorandum of association the same as articles of association?

When forming a company in the UK, you need both a memorandum of association and articles of association, as set out in the Companies Act 2006.

A memorandum of association is the legal document that formally sets up the company, while the articles of association cover how the company is owned and how it will operate, including how decisions will be made between shareholders.

Well-written articles of association are critical to ensuring a company can run smoothly and effectively, while minimising the risk of future disputes between stakeholders in the business.

To achieve this, it is important that any situation where a decision will need to be made is considered and that the document is written clearly and unambiguously. This helps to prevent the risk of creating room for different interpretations by different parties or failing to make provision for potential future issues.

Do you need a shareholders’ agreement as well as articles of association?

While companies are not legally required to have a shareholders’ agreement, it is often a good idea to help make sure the business can be operated effectively and that the relationship between the shareholders runs smoothly.

A shareholders’ agreement can be used to supplement the articles of association, allowing you to set out any additional rights and obligations for the shareholders. A key benefit of a shareholders’ agreement is that it is a private document, unlike articles of association which must be registered at Companies House and are thus public.

It is strongly recommended to take expert legal advice on whether a shareholders’ agreement is required for your company and to make sure your interests and those of the business are protected.

Why choose Taylor Fordyce for corporate law advice?

We understand that every business is unique and that getting the right framework in place from the outset can be critical to your long-term success. By offering carefully tailored advice to match your needs, we can add real value to your business while minimising the risk of many potential issues that could cost you time and money in the future.

Speak to our corporate law solicitors now

If you need expert, commercially astute advice on any area of corporate law, please get in touch with our expert corporate lawyers across Southern England by using the links below.

For further information follow the links on the right-hand side.

Or alternatively, contact us on: