A traditional firm with a modern approach
Residential Sale Pricing
Thank you for looking at our conveyancing services. We will guide you through each step of the transaction as quickly as possible.
We are qualified Solicitors who have the legal and technical expertise to resolve issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner.
We will ensure you are always kept up-to-date with progress.
We hold the CQS Accreditation, issued by the Law Society. This ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
Our fees are set out below for the sale of a freehold property for up to £500,000
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your current home.
Land Registry Search fees (typically)
Bankruptcy Search fees
Electronic money transfer fee (each)
ID Check (each)
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed for a straight forward transaction, but there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If documents, we have requested from you have not been provided to us
For any transaction, the timescales change depending on all the circumstances, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain and their needs
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the searches reveal any issues
- Whether the buyer’s Survey reveals any issues
We aim to facilitate an exchange of contracts in four weeks.
These may vary according to all the circumstances. Generally they are:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advise
- Obtaining from you the information to deal with the sale
- Obtaining details of mortgages to be repaid
- Drafting the contract
- Sending the contact to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquires they have
- Finalising the contract and sending it to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date on which you move out)
- Exchanging contracts
- Completing the sale
- Repaying mortgages
- Paying the estate agent
- Sending the sale proceeds to you