A traditional firm with a modern approach
Careers with Us
Taylor Fordyce is a highly professional law firm with friendly staff and provides a pleasant working environment.
We are always pleased to hear from bright people with enthusiasm, who are hard-working and want to join our successful team to help our business grow.
If you are interested in working for Taylor Fordyce please forward your CV to Adrian Cooke and if a suitable situation arises we will contact you. If we do not have a suitable position we will delete your CV after a period of 6 months unless you contact us again.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of race, religion, disabilities, age, ethnic background or sexual orientation.
All applications are considered on merit only and the applicant’s suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Conveyancing Legal Secretary/Assistant
Taylor Fordyce are looking to recruit a conveyancing legal secretary/assistant to provide assistance in their busy Property and Conveyancing Department in the Winchester office, working for the senior director. The role will be full time (09.00 – 5.30 with an hour lunch break).
Candidates must have:
· Minimum 6/7 years experience as a Conveyancing Legal Secretary / assistant working in the property / conveyancing department of a firm of solicitors and have experience with the following stages of a property sale or purchase: issuing draft documents; exchanging contracts; completing a transaction; Lender Exchange via portal; post completion work including SDLT on-line and Land Registry applications via portal.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Good attention to detail with good keyboard and word processing skills
· Good numeracy skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Candidates must be positive, proactive, friendly, organised, be a good team player and able to work to deadlines and be a quicker learner
Responsibilities will include:
· Prepare various legal documents, using digital dictation, as and when instructed
· Making online searches and Land Registry applications
· Liaising with clients, solicitors and estate agents and other organisations
· Using the case management system
· Opening paper and electronic files, scanning and photocopying as and when required
In return the successful candidate will be paid a competitive salary and be provided with parking within a short walk of our office in the centre of Winchester.
Full-time hours: 37.5 per week
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your application and CV to Adrian Cooke