A traditional firm with a modern approach
Moving home? Whether you are wanting to buy, sell, let or re-mortgage a property, our experienced residential conveyancing and property law solicitors at Taylor Fordyce can help you achieve your property ambitions.
Over the years, we have gained an enviable reputation and strong track record of success in helping individuals, couples and families, from first-time buyers to experienced property investors secure rewarding transactions when buying, selling or letting property.
Whether you are looking to buy your first home or are already on the property ladder with one or more properties, we can guide you through the conveyancing process, helping you achieve a smooth and seamless transaction when buying, selling, letting or remortgaging a freehold or leasehold property.
At Taylor Fordyce, our dedicated team of conveyancing and property law experts have all the knowledge, skill and expertise, combined with well-established local networks and industry contacts to make simple, efficient and hassle-free property transactions, a reality.
How can Taylor Fordyce Conveyancing and Property Law Solicitors help me with Buying Property?
We know that moving house is a big upheaval and, perhaps, one of the most stressful and costly events you can experience during your life. It is easy to feel anxious and overwhelmed when there are so many costs, requirements and hurdles in the mix to consider such as estate agents, mortgages, surveys, stamp duty and removal firms.
That is why our expert conveyancing solicitors at Taylor Fordyce are here to take care of the complex legal aspects of your property purchase, lifting the burden and pressure off you so you can focus on making your next big move a positive and happy experience.
When it comes to buying property, our specialist conveyancing and property law solicitors have all the necessary skill and expertise to react with the timing and precision needed to get your property purchase to exchange and completion with ease and efficiency.
Our conveyancing and property law team can help you with all aspects of your conveyance or any property law issue that might arise when buying property, including:
- Buying freehold or leasehold property – Whether you are buying a freehold or leasehold property, we can help you with both legal and financial aspects of moving home, making the process as easy and as straightforward for you, as possible. We will be on hand to guide and support you throughout the buying process and will help you with matters including:
- Checking legal issues and title to your property
- Checking property boundaries, rights of way and ownership
- Checking for restrictive covenants, restricting the use of land or property
- Stamp duty land tax
- Stamp duty land tax return
- Land registry
- Indemnity insurance policies to protect the buyer
- Checking your current mortgages and any amounts outstanding
- Redemption statements
- Your mortgage offer and checking your mortgage product, amount, method of payment and early redemption fees
- Your mortgage deed
- Other documents required by your lender
- Contacting your landlord, for a leasehold property, and checking issues such as approving the wording of a lease or confirming ground rent, service charges and premiums have been paid etc.
- Mortgaging or remortgaging – If you are wanting to achieve a fast, efficient and seamless property transaction, our dedicated team of conveyancing solicitors can help you with the process of mortgaging and remortgaging your property. We will be able to work with you and your lender, making sure that all documentation and legal issues relating to your property transaction meet with your approval and your lender’s approval, giving you both the confidence, security and peace of mind to move forwards towards a successful completion in an efficient manner.
- Tenant right to buy / help to buy – If you are a tenant wishing to buy a council property from the Local Authority or Housing Association, we can help you with the legal aspects of your council house purchase. Our specialist right to buy conveyancing solicitors at Taylor Fordyce can advise you of the Right to Buy Scheme and take you step by step through what can be a complicated process.
- Buy to let – If you are a new investor looking to buy your first buy to let property or a seasoned property investor looking to expand your portfolio, our buy to let conveyancing solicitors can guide and support you through the process. We will advise you on matters such as planning, tax and environmental issues that relate to your property investments or issues that you may wish to consider with regard to tenancies.
- Shared ownership – If you are a tenant and would like to buy part of a leasehold property from a social landlord or housing association, paying rent towards the rest, our shared ownership conveyancing solicitors can advise you on all aspects of the purchase and undertake all the necessary checks to ensure your interests are protected. We have extensive experience of shared ownership transactions and can help you achieve a successful shared ownership purchase which will give you the flexibility and the opportunity to build up equity in a co-owned property.
- Listed buildings – If you are considering purchasing a listed building, our expert listed building conveyancing solicitors will ensure you are aware of the special protections, rules and implications attached to these buildings of special architectural and historic interest. We can help you with all the necessary checks and consents such as planning and building and advise you on obtaining the correct approval from the local authority before undertaking any works or renovations to your listed property.
How can Taylor Fordyce Conveyancing and Property Law Solicitors help me with Selling Property?
Selling property can be a stressful and complex process with the potential for a lot to go wrong. As your property is such a big asset and has a significant financial interest attached to it, we recommend instructing one of our qualified and experienced conveyancing solicitors to handle your transaction who will help you avoid costly mistakes and secure the best sale outcome for you.
At Taylor Fordyce, our specialist conveyancing solicitors have decades of experience in helping homeowners and investors with all types of land and property sale transactions to achieve a positive and financially rewarding sale experience.
Our expert conveyancing and property law team can help you with all aspects of your sale or with any property law issue that might arise when selling a property, including:
- Selling a freehold or leasehold property – If you are a homeowner or investor selling a freehold or leasehold property, we can help you with both legal aspects of your sale, making the process as easy and as straightforward for you, as possible. We will be on hand to guide and support you throughout the sale process with regular updates, progress reports and next steps, covering all the paperwork, considerations and decisions for a successful sale.
- Site acquisition, development and plot sales – If you are a property owner wishing to sell land to a developer or are a developer with an opportunity to buy a plot, you can be faced with a whole host of complicated legal issues that will require specialist advice from an expert conveyancing solicitor. At Taylor Fordyce, we have specialist expertise to ensure your transaction runs as smoothly as possible and complications do not arise. Over the years we have earned an excellent track record in helping property owners sell their freehold and leasehold development sites by securing the best terms of sale and the best result achievable for plot sales. We can assist you with preparing your plot for sale, drafting and preparing plot sale agreements, leases, transfers and any other associated documentation for a smooth and efficient transaction.
- Auction sales - If you are wishing to sell your property at auction for a quick and efficient property sale, it is essential to seek specialist legal advice from one of our expert conveyancing solicitors at Taylor Fordyce. With a quick legal process and an efficiently managed transaction, you can be confident you will secure the best chance of a successful auction sale. We can help you deal with all the necessary legal requirements for auction day, help you prepare an auction pack and advise you of any potential issues that might arise during your transaction.
- Equity release - If you are wanting to improve your standard of living in retirement, give money to your children, have a holiday or invest in home improvements and would like to release equity from your home to fund your retirement plans, our expert property solicitors know all of the legalities involved to help you make the most informed decisions. At Taylor Fordyce, our specialist team of conveyancing solicitors can advise you of this specialist area of conveyancing law and the legal process that enables you to turn equity in your property or estate into a cash lump sum that you can repay at a later date. Whatever your individual circumstances, we recommend that you speak to our expert team of conveyancing solicitors who have all of the necessary knowledge and expertise to help you through the equity release process and will handle your matter with dedication and efficiency.
- Transfer of equity - If you are the co-owner of a property and are wishing to transfer your share of the property to someone else, we can help you with the legal process to change the legal ownership. As a property owner you may wish to consider a transfer of equity for reasons such as a divorce, co-habitation, gifts, trusts, a transfer to another family member or a court order. Whatever the nature of your particular circumstances, we recommend that you seek the best advice from one of our experienced and qualified conveyancing solicitors who can help you achieve a fast, efficient and hassle-free transfer.
- Probate sales and transfers – If you are the executor of a deceased persons estate, we can help you handle the transfer and sale of property after a person’s death with a Grant of Probate, which you will need in order to sell to property or a Deed of Assent which will allow you to transfer property.
- Matrimonial or civil partnership transfers – If you are newly married or have entered into a civil partnership, we can help you with a matrimonial or civil partnership transfer where your spouse or partner is added to the title. Our expert team of conveyancing solicitors have extensive experience in these matters and will ensure you are supported throughout to achieve a swift and straightforward transfer that protects your legal and financial interests.
- Option agreements – If you are a landowner selling land or a developer looking to buy a new plot, our specialist solicitors can help you to reach agreeable terms with an option agreement - a legally binding agreement between a buyer and seller of land where land will be bought in the future, and both parties agree to the terms based upon a non-refundable deposit. We will be able to discuss the different types of options available to you and advise you whether the circumstances of the agreement best suits a call option, a put option, a cross option or a reverse option.
- Overage agreements - If you are a landowner selling land and want to receive the best possible price, our expert property law solicitors can advise you on how you may benefit from an overage agreement.
- Declarations of trust – If you are wanting to buy a home with a partner but are worried about splitting up later, we can help you with legal advice on how to protect your investment with a declaration of trust and ensure the process of buying your home is a happy and stress-free experience, giving you confidence moving forward.
- Woodland – Our specialist woodland conveyancing solicitors are well practiced in rural conveyancing and can help you through the process of selling woodland property, taking into account all of the legal considerations and implications necessary for a successful and hassle-free sale.
- Easements – We can help you with land law advice, draft or deal with a variation of easements which includes rights of way and rights for the passage of service media such as electrical infrastructure.
Whatever the nature of your property transaction or property law matter, our dedicated team of conveyancing and property law solicitors in Wiltshire, Berkshire and Hampshire are on hand and ready to help you move forward positively and confidently to achieve the best possible outcome for your next property move.
Contact our Specialist Conveyancing and Property Law Solicitors
To make an appointment or to find out more about how our specialist property law and conveyancing solicitors in Berkshire and Hampshire can help you with buying, selling, letting or remortgaging a property or any property related matter, telephone our dedicated team or email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our quick online contact form and we will get back to you at the soonest opportunity.