Child Law Solicitors

We aim to help parents whose relationships have ended to achieve practical workable solutions to children’s issues. Parents have to try to achieve workable arrangements for most aspects of their children’s upbringing; with the children’s best interest at the forefront of their minds, to minimise the effect of the separation.  We advocate mediation or the collaborative approach (where possible) to achieve resolution, but are experienced and skilled in pursuing court applications particularly in emergency situations. 

As of April 2014, the court cannot make contact orders. However they can make arrangements about who a child is to spend time with. These are called child arrangement orders and are essentially contact orders by another name. The court can require a parent with care of a child to permit the child to stay with or visit the other parent (or another individual), and can regulate the times and dates when this should happen. These child arrangements orders can be very detailed, with times and places for collection and delivery being specified.

We can advise on the following matters:

  • Residence and contact – where and with whom the children will live and the arrangements for the absent parent to 
    see the children.
  • Specific issues – arrangements for schooling, 
    holidays, religion etc.
  • Change of name
  • Internal and external relocation
  • Applications on behalf of grandparents
  • Paternity Disputes
  • Parental Responsibility Agreements

For further information follow the links on the right-hand side.

Or alternatively, contact us on: